The reaction-to-fire class is a key indicator for assessing the behavior of construction products in a fire. It is determined on the basis of the test results, depending on the extent and contribution of the products to the spread of the fire and the development of uncontrolled combustion. The reaction to fire classification is an integral part of the CE marking of the products and is carried out by a Notified Body.
What does the CTEC service include?
CTES is a notified body with number 1871 under the Construction Products Regulation (EU) 305/2011 and performs testing and classification according to EN 13501-1 of all construction products.
The Laboratory for Reaction to Fire Testing of Construction Products at CTEC issues test reports and classification reports. Based on the test results, we classify the construction products in the following classes of reaction to fire: A1, A2, B, C, D, E and F. Class A1 designates non-combustible products that do not contribute to the development of uncontrolled combustion. Class A2 designates non-combustible products with an extremely limited contribution to the development of uncontrolled combustion.
For the construction products of reaction to fire classes A2, B, C, D and E, an additional classification is made depending on the intensity of the smoke emission (denoted by s1, s2 or s3) and / or the formation of flaming particles or drops at combustion (defined by symbols d0, d1 and d2).
Test methods We have the laboratory testing equipment in accordance with the following standards:
- EN 13823 - Reaction to fire tests for building products - Building products excluding floorings exposed to the thermal attack by a single burning item
- EN ISO 1182 - Reaction to fire tests for products - Non-combustibility test
- EN ISO 1716 - Reaction to fire tests for products - Determination of the gross heat of combustion (calorific value)
- EN ISO 11925-2 - Reaction to fire tests - Ignitability of products subjected to direct impingement of flame - Part 2: Single-flame source test
- EN ISO 9239-1 - Reaction to fire tests for floorings - Part 1: Determination of the burning behaviour using a radiant heat source
Benefits for you
- You get information on the main characteristics of your product - reaction to fire;
- The conducted test and the test report are part of the requirements for issuing a Declaration of Performance and affixing the CE Marking;
- You can sell your product on the European market.
Why choose CTEC?
- The Laboratory for Reaction to Fire Testing of Construction Products at CTEC is accredited by the Executive Agency “Bulgarian Accreditation Service”;
- We are members of seven technical committees in construction field to the Bulgarian Institute for Standardization, where our experts are actively involved in the development, approval and review of new standards;
- We have the necessary equipment and expertise.